Pages

Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jesus on ThyFace - Social Networking for the Modern Messiah (Denise Haskew and Steve W Parker)


Jesus on ThyFace - Social Networking for the Modern Messiah
Denise Haskew and Steve W Parker

Blurb: Some years ago, several short biographies of my life were published in an anthology of works you may or may not have come across called 'The Bible', which, without blowing my Angels' trumpets, went on to become the best-selling book of all time. Although laudable in many ways, I always felt these biographies lacked the immediacy of the actual events, as well as being somewhat light on laughs, and for some time I toyed with the idea of submitting my own version to publishers for their consideration.

Of course, there are many other people whose stories are interwoven with mine: my cousins, the Zebedees, John the Baptist, my mum (the Virgin Mary), not to mention Pontius Pilate, the Roman Governor at the time. Then it struck me - we were all mad crazy on social networking back then, and everyone had a ThyFace account. So I thought what could be more immediate than reading my story as it unfolded on out ThyFace scrolls? So I contacted the guys - most of them are up here anyway, although a few of them are living in 'another place', shall we say. And I'm glad to report, they all gave their immediate blessing.

So here it is: the story of the last four years of my time on Earth as revealed on ThyFace, the forerunning of modern social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook. Blessed art thou. Amen

Jesus Christ

ISBN: 9780857201454 (Hardback)
Year: 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Pages: 88 (Fiction)

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment